Foreign word that is rarely heard by ordinary people because Definition Drupal Is indeed the word heard however different from those involved and website development activities.
Drupal has become a familiar term for web development workers or developers. The existence of open source makes it easy for website owners to create, develop, and manage websites.
Table of Contents
Definition Of Drupal
Drupal is a database application that is open or open source. Where in its development it uses a programming language such as PHP. Making this database application already has a license or license from the GPL.
Download used free of charge by everyone that in application. By anyone developed according database is widely used by website owners a small memory capacity light enough effect on the speed of a laptop or computer.
From above description can be concluded that drupal is an open source (CMS) where everyone implement this system on their website. The purpose of implementing the website is not only as a database to form a website, but also as a database to improve and develop the website.
Also Read : What Is A CMS? Get To Know More About The…
Its application in a website of course has a function that will affect the website itself, the functions of implementing drupal include :
1. Software For Personal Or Company Content
The use of this database makes it easy for individuals, companies or groups who want to create their own websites and are able to easily fill out content on the website. This is because drupal is a database content marketing system use it can be adapted to user needs.
2. As A Social Media And Online Shopping Site
Its flexible and easy use makes it an option to be implemented on social media sites or shopping sites. In the application of online shopping sites, the selection of the right database using drupal commerce.
3. As An Internal App
Making internal applications can be done easily using this database not only. Making applications but also making internal websites from companies individuals.
4. Creating A Product Profile
Superior product profile can be done with this database to supported advanced plugins making easy to create a company product profile.
Advantages Of Drupal
The application of this database certainly has advantages or disadvantages and also has disadvantages. Let’s discuss first about the advantages it has :
A. Easy To Do Development
Because this database is open source which makes it easy to edit or develop a website. The website performance and can be kept up to date.
B. High Level Of Security
The data regularly in by checking periodically and security level of this database is updated or updated at any time.
C. Launch Ease
Ease of release from the use of the database. So that it can be used or launched on various hostings for Definition of Drupal.
D. Have A Broad Community
The large and wide community provides easy support or support to other users with Drupal.org.
E. Ease Of Training
For ordinary users who do not understand the use of databases, they can view tutorials from learning videos or trainings that are widely available on the internet.
F. Speed Level
Caching the database is able to increase the speed or access of the website.
Besides having advantages of course drupal also has weaknesses or shortcomings that can be anticipated or taken into consideration before implementing it.
Disadvantages Of Drupal
A. It Takes A Long Time To Learn
To be able to master its use, most people learn to master it takes a relatively long time compared to learning to master other CMS.
B. Spend A Lot Of Resources
The need for a lot of server resources so that it will take up a lot of resources if it is not tweaked regularly.
C. The Number Of Developers Is Small
Developers is relatively small compared to Joomla in WordPress developers and finding Drupal developers will be difficult.
The drupal website are foreign important terms are rarely heard by ordinary people and including people who have never been involved with website development matters. Among these terms are :
1. Admin Interface
Become an admin who takes care of all management issues on the website as a whole.
Nodes or the content of the website, the node categories also vary according to the purpose of the website creation.
Modular in nature that is capable of activating. And deactivating the available modules and providing maximum functionality by adding modules.
As a place to paste nodes so that they run and work optimally.
Comparison Of Drupal And WordPress
Drupal and wordpress are CMS that are often used and are very familiar to be applied in websites.
Course between these two has advantages and disadvantages of can be seen determinant of the choice of CMS on the website you have. Comparison between these two CMS are:
1. Initial Preparation
There is have two important components the website can be seen by user these components are Hosting Domain.
Hosting is a place where all forms of web data are stored. While the domain is the address of the website as a way to get into the website.
- Drupal: installation of can be done this is manually as well as automatically and novice users will find it more difficult to install manually. Therefore, it is easy to install it automatically Definition of Drupal.
- WordPress: installing is the same as drupal in two ways namely manual automatic by having many conveniences. Offered on wordpress features making it easy to use.
2. Speed Level
- Drupal: drupal provides convenience to provide automation and increase website performance speed so that it does not require long loading in its use.
- WordPress: the use of wordpress is a little difficult to increase speed and performance due to the absence of tools to help increase speed. But that does not mean the use of wordpress is not good or not of good quality.
3. Content Type
- Drupal: the work system is carried complex varied by providing easy features. That support the creation of website content, not only in the form of photos, videos or articles. How ever also be used replying and chatting hosting media.
- WordPress: when compared to drupal, the type of content in wordpress is simpler, this is because the system administrator also has a simple system and is not complex or diverse like drupal.
4. Safety Level
- Drupal: the security provided is very high, and always prioritizes the level of security by providing high security facilities, so it will be difficult to break into or hack.
- WordPress: the security provided by this CMS is also very high, but the accessibility and ease of adding plug-ins or themes by third parties makes the website vulnerable to hacking.
5. Flexibility Level
- Drupal : deploying theme or plugin complicated to be managed module extensions. For website users experts in website development application theme is also done fee to get theme.
- WordPress : customization made will be easier because require adjustments to modules or extensions the application of themes done for free and freely applied to the website.
- Drupal is one of my favorite types of CMS and easy to use.
- Already have an official license that can optimize its functions properly.
- Drupal has some important terms in it
- Drupal vs wordpress is a comparison of CMS usage in Definition of Drupal.